Monday, March 18, 2013

Post # 9 Maps To Anywhere

For this post, I will be discussing Bernard Cooper's Maps To Anywhere. At first, I didn't care for it too much. I found it be tedious and I didn't like reading it. The book opens with a section entitled By Any Other Name and it talked about kids making crank calls. I found this to be pointless and it was hard to continue reading. On the other hand, I do feel like this section must have held some significance, and I must not be seeing it.

Moving on, I found the section Atlantis to be totally different. I like the way it started out. I like the second line a lot and feel like it was powerfully descriptive. Overall, this section took something as simple as a barbershop and getting a haircut and through description, made it appear to be so much more. I feel that this really shows a writer's skill, and those that can do this effectively are truly great.

In closing, I've been having mixed reactions to Bernard Cooper's Maps To Anywhere. Some of the sections haven't peaked my interest. However, there are a few sections that I really enjoyed reading. On the other hand, I feel that in order to fully analyze Maps To Anywhere, I have to finish reading all of it. I look forward to completing it and hope there are more sections like Atlantis left to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment