Sunday, February 3, 2013

Post # 4 Poem

So for this post, I'm asked to upload a poem. So here it goes:

A Rose Everlasting
By: Patrick Pena

There is no beauty like that of the rose
Its petals a shade of lustrous red
Like the glowing eyes of of an oven, or stove
Simply elegant, not much left to be said
Though beautiful indeed, it's common that we know
A rose is not forever, it sits waiting to be dead

My rose is different, its beauty ever lasts
When the last of time halts, it will not have changed
A much brighter red, a thousand infernos' blast
It can't be compared, no others the same
Its love feeds my soul and this I must have
Should I go mad, I can't be to blame

Alas its face so lovely, body so slender
It leaves me weak,  when I am not near
Might the heavens above be our defender
So that the fabric that holds us shall never tear
And until I am no more, I will always remember
The love between us we have always shared

No comments:

Post a Comment